January is almost over. Have you met your organizing goals, aka New Year’s resolutions? My daily articles covered a range of topics in January to help you with your space, time, files, and information. (Find all the January articles here.) You can think of today’s eye-candy as a reward for tackling some tough topics this week. Here are five easy ways to refresh your bedroom.
What were those tough topics? You can read Questions Seniors Ask About Organizing Paperwork and Questions Seniors Ask About Organizing Paperwork Part 2. So many of you said that you found them helpful. Thanks for leaving comments down below.
If you have questions, please catch me live on January 31, 2022 7pm- SORT and Succeed for with Clutter Control Strategies,Take Care of You in 2022 through Organizing at the free registration, event via Zoom hosted by the Haverford Township Free Library. You must register at least a day before in order to get the Zoom link.
Now onto those easy bedroom refresh ideas…
Take your bedroom from nice:
to even nicer in just a week:
Five Easy Ways to Refresh Your Bedroom
- Start with color. Today’s trends are light and bright. This bedroom has a light aqua wall color… with a twist. We carried the same color up onto the ceiling to give a more cohesive look. It also makes the low ceiling look higher. Contact me for a color consultation to correct problems like this in your rooms.
- Update flooring. Carpet is out; hardwoods are in. If you already have hardwoods, show them off! If you can’t replace dark carpet, add a room-sized rug to lighten the look.
- Update your overhead lighting. Think of this as jewelry for your room. Make sure it has at least three bulbs and a little bling…or as much bling as possible.
- Relocate your bedside lamps to above your headboard. Wall-mounted fixtures give you more space, declutter your nightstand, and make a style statement.
- Hang your curtains higher. Curtains should hug the ceiling, not be mounted on your window molding. It draws the eyes up and makes the whole room more stately.
This was almost all the same furniture and bedding, with only the headboard new. These five easy bedroom refresh changes are subtle, but all together make a dramatic upgrade. What do you think?