Even before we have the big meal, there is a mad rush to plan what to do with Thanksgiving Turkey leftovers. Of course you can always slap a little mayo and turkey on some bread. Or you could get just a teensy bit fancier with this super easy and dare I say adorable leftover recipe. Who doesn’t love a muffin, after all?
You might want to add a box of frozen puff pastry to your shopping list this week.
Turkey Leftover Muffin Cups
Use holiday turkey leftovers or chopped chicken for this elegant little plates.
Author: Darla DeMorrow
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 12 single servings
- 2 cups finely chopped turkey leftovers (can also use chicken)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (do not add water)
- 2 cups (or ½ bag) frozen California mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 box (2 sheets) of Frozen Puff Pastry sheets
- *Optional zucchini, sliced into medallions
- Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets per package directions, then cut each sheet into 6 sections.
- Finely chop or grind the turkey or chicken meat.
- Mix the meat leftovers with remaining ingredients except puff pastry and zucchini and cheese.
- Position each puff pastry sheet into a regular-sized muffin cup in a 12-cup muffin pan, lightly pressing down to the bottom of the cup.
- Spoon approximately ¼ C meat/veggie mix into each muffin cup.
- Loosely turn the pastry flaps over onto the topsof the cups. They will only be partially covered.
- Top with roughly a tablespoon of grated cheese.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for aproximately 25 minutes or until the tops are browned.
- If puff pastry isn't your thing, an alternative version of this recipe is to alternate layers of sliced zucchini and a tablespoon of meat/veggie mix in each muffin cup, topped with cheese.
Layered zucchini alternative:
Need even more ideas? Checkout these great leftover ideas over at Brandi’s site, Mama Teaches. Makes me wish I’d gotten a bigger bird!
This Post Has 2 Comments
Pingback: 6 Leftover Turkey Recipes - Mama Teaches
These sound so amazingly delicious! Puff pastry anything is a sure hit in this household!
Comments are closed.