January is the perfect time to fall in love…with your home. Would you like some fresh ideas and inspiration? I have a stash of tickets available for the asking at Darla (at) HeartWorkOrg.com. (Please email your physical address before 1/13/14.)
THE 2014 PHILADELPHIA HOME SHOW DESIGN EXTRAVAGANZA IS TEN DAYS AWAY:
TWO WEEKENDS ONLY – JANUARY 18TH – 20TH & JANUARY 24TH – 26TH AT THE PENNSYLVANIA CONVENTION CENTER
Two popular design stars, six spectacular design rooms, over 500 interesting industry experts, thousands of exciting products and services are set to make this the best area home show in years!
PHILADELPHIA – (JANUARY 8, 2014) –The Philadelphia Home Show, the region’s premier building, design and landscaping event, will begin in one month starting on January 18th – 20th and January 24th – 26th at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. New this year–the show will be open for 2 weekends ONLY plus Martin Luther King Day.
Plans are being finalized for the spectacular affair, highlighting the latest trends in remodeling, decorating and gardening. “2014 marks our 33rd year, and we are excited to share new developments in this interesting and essential industry,” says Shelly Gepfert, U.S. Marketing Manager, Marketplace Events, the parent company of the Philadelphia Home Show. “Anyone that attends will get a first look at all the fresh creative ideas in home décor and design—and that certainly makes planning this show fun.”
With his energetic personality, Ahmed Hassan, formerly of DIY Network’s Yard Crashers, will leave people motivated to take on even the most difficult landscaping and design projects. During his appearance at the Philadelphia Home Show this year, Hassan will teach attendees how to create dynamic environments and landscape designs for your home’s curb appeal.
John DeSilvia of DIY’s Under Construction and Run My Renovation, will be appearing at this year’s show. John is a tough-as-nails Brooklyn native and a former union carpenter. A licensed contractor, “Johnny D” earned a degree from the Pratt Engineering School and he will be teaching our consumers how to work with contractors and get the most out of planning your home renovation. Also, attending this year is Phillies Broadcaster Gregg Murphy, who will be meeting & greeting exhibitors & Phillies fans!
NEW TO THE 2014 SHOW:
- Family Day on Monday, January 20 (MLK Day) will be a day filled with activities for kids and families. All kids under 12 get in FREE!
- Hero Day on Friday, January 24th we celebrate our local hero’s – military, fire fighters and police officers – by inviting them to the show. They receive one free ticket when they show ID.
- Designer Rooms: The 2014 design feature will be comprised of six rooms. Each room will have a local designer who will be given a to-be-determined number of the same items. They will need to create a room utilizing each item any way they choose. Attendees will see different rooms and different uses of each item.
- “Simon’s Sticker Room by IKEA” – Watch what happens when you start with a completely white room and give children and adults hundreds of colorful stickers. This work of art will transform over the six days of the show, sponsored by IKEA.
- Habitat for Humanity’s “Unhinged Challenge” – Celebrity experts and emerging style, décor and DIY bloggers are taking part in the Ultimate Upcycle Challenge at the Philadelphia Home Show, where they will source and repurpose a door from the Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia ReStore location. All items will be on display in the Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia area.
- FREE PARKING AND SHUTTLE! – For the second year in a row, the Philadelphia Home Show will be offering free parking at the Sugar House Casino, along with a free shuttle to the Convention Center and back.
Many final additions and show attractions for the 2014 show are still being confirmed, so please check in www.phillyhomeshow.com for updates and for ticket information.