Need a super easy, quick and healthy meal with ingredients that you probably already have on hand? Try this Mini Chicken Pot Pie.
I’m all about making sure you have healthy meals to start your year, that don’t have to include tofu, kale or whey powder. You’re welcome. 🙂
You’ll be able to pull this meal together any night of the week.
The ingredients are all real food, and they are all pantry and freezer staples, plus a little protien. I like to use leftover strips or shredded chicken breast strips. Puff pastry? It looks fancy, but keeps in the freezer until you need it.
The real genius here is the muffin tin. It can be finger food for your little people, if they are into that. Shhh just don’t mention the veggies.
- One box of frozen puff pastry
- One can of condensed cream soup (cream of chicken or cream of mushroom will both work)
- 1 c frozen veggies, such as peas, corn, or mixed veggies
- ¼ c liquid, water or milk
- ½ c shredded chicken, cooked
- optional shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Briefly that puff pastry sheets on the counter.
- Cut into squares just slightly larger than your muffin tins.
- Place a square of puff pastry in each muffin tin, completely covering the bottom and sides.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soup, liquid, veggies, chicken, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the puff pastry cups.
- If desired, place a teaspoon of shredded cheese on top.
- Fold the puff edges slightly back over the chicken mix.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.