Here we are at the last day of January. I’m pretty sure it’s not just me who gets surprised by the end of the month, nearly every month. Can you believe we got through 31 days of organizing projects together? I think you and I both deserve a break.
Every organizing project deserves a reward. Have you been rewarding yourself this month?
Do you remember how fast the holiday season zipped by? We were all so busy looking forward to the big event, the festivities, the special meals,and the gifts that the rest of the month flew by. All of the work of the season (and let’s be honest, there was work involved), because there was a big reward built into the season.
Here’s your final project today. Pick some rewards that work for you, so you’ll be even more motivated to keep organizing throughout the year.
- It’s no secret that my favorite reward is getting a massage. In fact, I think I’m going to schedule one right after wrapping up this series. (Being hunched over my keyboard for 31 days straight is taking its toll.)
- A class for something that interests you can be a great reward. Our next organizing class, Filing Freedom and Paper Solutions, starts March 4. But you could take a photography class, or learn about anything you are interested in.
- A new gadget or trinket can be a nice reward, but try to follow the one-in, one-out rule, or you’ll end up with more clutter to organize.
- How about bringing home a pretty bouquet of flowers to decorate that dining room table you just uncovered?
- Some of you consider a Pinterest-worthy sock drawer, pantry, or paper-free kitchen counter a reward in itself.Take a picture. You are welcome to come share it on my facebook page or send it to me to Pin.
Whatever your project, please keep your rewards in mind the rest of the year. Someone just contacted me today about organizing a garage. If that is one of your springtime organizing goals, you are probably itching to enjoy the reward of parking inside during weather like we’ve been having. Whatever your project, identify or schedule a reward for yourself!
You folks are so creative, I’d love to know what some of your favorite rewards are at the end of your organizing projects.
And yes, this 31 Days of 30 Minute Organizing Projects series was a lot of work on my end, so I would consider it an honor to hear how it went on your end. Was it worth it? Did it motivate you? Did you get some good ideas and tips?
This post is part of my 31 days of 30-minute Organizing Projects. Be sure to subscribe for daily emails with projects you can complete in just a few minutes to start your New Year off right.